Computacenter is a leading provider of structured cabling solutions and is recognised as one of the largest cabling providers in the UK.
We have over 30 years of experience in the design and installation of structured cabling systems that have been tailored to meet mission critical environments, enabling today’s needs to be met and future requirements to be implemented without additional costs being incurred.
Our Smart Infrastructure business is a specialist division within Computacenter providing consultancy and installation expertise in the Smart Infrastructure Space encompassing IP technologies such as Electronic IP Security, Wifi and Distributed Antenna Systems to name just a few all underpinned by structured cabling services.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join our Smart Infrastructure team at Computacenter on a permanent basis to deliver structured cabling and related technology projects.
What you'll do
• To successfully manage customer projects to time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction objectives.
• To assist the Bid teams in pursuing new business leads and in the preparation of competitive tenders or pricing with regards to design, procurement, working methods and resourcing.
• To maximise the revenue from contracts through scope growth and variation orders.
• To ensure that the projects are delivered in accordance with company and customer processes, procedures and statutory obligations, taking overall responsibility for project quality.
• To ensure that the necessary project practices are in place and used and developed to reflect recognised best practice.
• To ensure provision of professional project planning throughout the project lifecycle.
• To ensure provision of timely and accurate internal and customer project reporting.
• To operate at all times with regard to the Health & Safety of employees and third parties, ensuring consistency with company and statutory obligations.
• To line manage those employees directly assigned to the project(s) consistent with employee expectations, general company policy and best practice.
• To professionally represent the company at all times, protecting the company assets and its reputation.
• To participate in any training that the company may from time to time, reasonably ask the incumbent to undergo, to achieve accreditations and qualifications that are deemed essential for the fulfilment of duties.
• To propose and champion innovations and improvements to the business and its processes.
What you'll need
• Minimum 3 years project management experience in the structured cabling industry.
• Experience of all Project Management controls, including; initiation, change management, risk management, Project plans and the principles and practicalities of running projects.
• Prince2 foundation qualification or equivalent (CNet TPMC).
• Knowledge required to manage a safe construction site, citb SMSTS qualification or equivalent.
• Valid ECS health & safety managers card.
• Health & Safety CDM knowledge.
• Be familiar with industry standard testers and testing procedures.
• Excellent technical understanding of structured cabling design and technologies.
• Experience and ability to provide customer quotations, including surveys, non-complex design and cost models.
• Experience of owning and driving the commercial accountability of projects.
• You must be articulate, a self-starter, have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, and able to demonstrate experience in pragmatically solving problems.
• Be available to potentially travel overseas.