As a Delivery Manager, you will be accountable for leading and managing Infrastructure Services to one of our large customers. You will lead a team, both directly and through matrix management. You will operate an effective governance model to make sure that your services deliver what we have promised to our customer and to our organisation. This means meeting service levels, meeting financial targets and supporting our Group Services colleague to grow the business and drive overall customer satisfaction, through the delivery of service excellence.
You’ll probably have a small team of direct reports, and a larger number of Computacenter and partner employees to manage within the matrix. You’ll make sure that they all understand their role within the customer and are appropriately engaged, motivated, and led.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a new team, giving you the ability to contribute to the processes and success of this team. You will also be able to develop your career with us. Computacenter invest heavily in our people, ensuring you are constantly evolving.
What you’ll do
On a day-to-day basis this looks like:
Delivery Leadership Management
- Lead and manage the delivery of run and change services to deliver what we’ve promised our customer and our own organisation.
- Constantly drive us to do better for our customer and our own organisation.
- Objectively manage performance of our internal and partner delivery teams.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of our performance, what it means to our customer’s business, and what we’re doing to improve.
- Look to continually improve both the efficiency & effectiveness of delivery processes and services, adding value that is relevant to the customer throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Identify risks in service delivery, assess commercial implications and take measures to eliminate risk or avoid risks.
Change Delivery Management
- You’ll have a role leading change for our customers.
- You’ll use your contacts and insight to identify new ways in which Computacenter can add value to our customers.
- You’ll work with the Snr Delivery Lead/Delivery Director as well as Group Services and other colleagues, as appropriate, to support the account strategy and to ensure that Computacenter presents itself as a single, joined-up team to the customer.
- You’ll make sure that colleagues in our delivery functions, and our partners who deliver to the customer, understand the strategy, the customers’ business, and our place in that business.
- You’ll contribute to and deliver against a communications plan, both customer-facing & internal, ensuring clear & consistent messaging both verbally & in written form across various media.
- You’ll support Group Services in the development, negotiation, and agreement of contract changes within the Customer account.
- You’ll support the management of the contract schedules that relate to your scope of service. You’ll ensure compliance and manage exceptions.
- You’ll manage the finances of your account or assigned services to ensure accurate forecasting and cost management to achieve or exceed financial baselines.
- You’ll support Group Services, where appropriate of costing for services in Presales
- You’ll work with the Service Director/Lead and account team to define and support the engagement strategy with the customer and other stakeholders.
- You are likely to be the primary interface to one or more senior stakeholders within the customer organisation. You’ll ensure that you maintain a positive and constructive relationship to the benefit of both organisations.
- Perform all Line Management responsibilities for all Direct Reports. Ensure that your team, direct and virtual, is appropriately motivated and engaged and that individual performance is managed.
What you’ll need
- You must have Data Center Infrastructure knowledge and be familiar with migrating workloads to the Cloud, for example AWS, Google, VMware, Azure
- Experience managing & delivering complex services utilising offshore capabilities.
- Demonstrable experience managing customer relationships at a senior level.
- Experience managing an Onsite Service and knowledge of off-premise IaaS
- You’ll be an experienced practitioner in IT Service Management.
- You’ll know that it’s not all about ITIL. You’ll be able to show that you understand how IT services fit in a customers’ business and how we as a service provider can add value.
- You are an experienced Delivery Manager, and you know how to manage, support and motivate employees with different cultural and national background.