Reporting to the 2nd Line Remote Desktop Services Team Leader, the team consists of 10 technical analysts providing IT Support for end-user devices (laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices). The team is primarily the first technical team to receive escalated IT issues from the 1st Line Service Desk. Tasks involve triage and troubleshooting tickets, taking ownership of incidents and requests seeing them through to resolution or escalating to 3rd line technical teams
What you'll do
A Security Cleared (Minimum SC) Second Line Analyst working in the Remote Desktop Support team on a 7am - 7pm shift pattern. The analyst will understand and manage the technical aspects of service delivery to the standards and procedures agreed with Computacenter’s customers, including problem investigation, support documentation and technical coaching.
Incident/Request Management 80%
- To manage incidents routed from First Level analysts and resolve within the limits of knowledge and contract.
- To maintain technical knowledge and expertise associated with applications specific to individual customers.
- To progress / close incidents to a satisfactory conclusion on the incident management system.
- To liaise with the team and other Service Analysts / customer on open incidents ensuring no incidents is left unattended beyond SLA.
- To escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader.
- To liaise with Team Leader / Service Delivery Manager on specific projects where requested.
- To complete administrative duties including time sheets, holiday, sickness and overtime forms in a timely and accurate manner.
Knowledge Management 20%
- To review and update technical support documents and procedures considering personal experience and information received.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and customers through direct communication and knowledge sharing tools.
- Proactively research problems and solutions and document findings for the advantage of customers and colleagues.
- Actively develop personal knowledge and awareness of new products and solutions.
What you’ll need
- Experience in a Second Line Support capacity, with proven experience of resolving incidents for a large corporate customer.
- Understanding of Corporate IT Environments and their relationship to users of the IT Infrastructure.
- General awareness of developments in the IT industry.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
- Committed to customer satisfaction and ownership of issues.
- Experience of supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016 including Outlook.
- Experience with supporting remote workers across a VPN.
- Experience of rebuilding workstations.
- Experience of networks.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, communication, and strong attention to detail.
Current information for our applicants
We have made our application and recruitment process virtual, we are excited to bring talent like you on board to join our growing teams within Computacenter. Our recruiters remain available to you should you have any questions. We are looking forward to getting to know you!