An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join our Smart Infrastructure team at Computacenter on a permanent basis. To deliver structured cabling and related technology projects in the UK and when required internationally.
What you’ll do
The post holder will successfully plan and control day to day activities in support of customer projects, in order to deliver them to the time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction objectives as defined by the Project Management team. In addition to this, they will supervise field-based staff and service partners as required.
• To deliver site-based projects activities, to agreed cost targets in accordance with company objectives and standards, whilst ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction
• To support the Project Management team in maximising the revenue from contracts through scope growth and variation orders
• To ensure that the projects are delivered in accordance with company and customer processes, procedures, and statutory obligations.
• To ensure provision of timely resource and cost prediction, working closely with resource managers and central procurement as appropriate.
• To ensure provision of professional project planning throughout the project lifecycle.
• To ensure provision of timely and accurate internal and customer project reporting.
• To operate at all times with regard to the Health & Safety of employees and third parties, ensuring consistency with company and statutory obligations.
• To professionally represent the company at all times, protecting the company assets and reputation.
• To lead the field teams, motivating resource pool and service partners to deliver the project objectives successfully and resolving supporting with technical information where necessary.
• To diligently participate in any training that the company may, from time to time, may reasonably ask the incumbent to undergo, to achieve accreditations and qualifications that are deemed essential for fulfilment of duties.
What you’ll need
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in the structured cabling industry.
• Demonstrate some experience of Project Management controls, including; initiation, change management, risk management, Project plans and the principles and practicalities of running projects.
• Be familiar with industry standard testers and testing procedures.
• Excellent technical understanding of structured cabling design and technologies.
• You will need to be articulate, a self-starter, have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, and able to demonstrate experience in pragmatically solving problems.