Our field engineering team comprises of over 40 engineers covering the UK for 60+ customers. The service is 24/7/365 and is a varied role covering end user, branch and retail, datacentre, and networking. We require a mobile engineer to cover the London area.
What you'll do
Senior Customer Engineers provide intermediate to advanced level desktop installation, configuration, support and troubleshooting services. Senior Customer Engineers can also provide basic Wintel server installation, configuration, administration, and break fix repairs. A Senior Customer Engineer is hardware and software skilled and accredited through the appropriate vendor training programs.
Typically, Senior Customer Engineers provide 2nd line desktop support for Windows operating system environments, and Microsoft applications and can be engaged to install pre-designed basic Wintel server solutions. They can also provide break-fix services to end-user computing, servers, and printers.
- This is a mobile role so a clean UK driver’s license is required, and you must be willing to travel to various sites, therefore, you will be entitled to a car allowance.
- 4-8 weeks training
- Start date by 01/07/2023
- BAU and out of hours, currently this is worked on 1 in 4-week rota pattern.
- With out of hours, 1 to 2 calls midweek, a couple at the weekend but 50% of the calls are prescheduled.
Our UK shared field service team deliver an Out of Hours service for several customers. By their nature, these incidents are business critical for our customers and tend to be a combination of –
- Pre-arranged Datacentre outage work – Pure Storage, Markit, Amlin, TFL
- Retail support – Verizon
- Customer business critical intervention required – Telefonica
- You`ll work within a busy team of 7 engineers covering London.
- You`ll be scheduled tasks from our central scheduling team using a mobile app. This is currently Cognito but will be replaced in 2023 by ServiceNow.
- The tasks will be a combination of simple swaps, break/fix and builds working in a combination of end user, retail, and datacentre customer locations.
- Shifts run between 7am and 7pm, 7.5 hour working day but typically 8.30am to 5pm.
- You’ll be expected to go through several customer clearances as well as government SC clearance.
- You’ll be expected to work through the TRG core accredited training (Dell, Lenovo etc.)
What you'll need
- Good break/fix skills - ability to diagnose and repair servers, laptops, and desktops to modular level.
- Experience of operating in a datacentre
- Good level of networking skills, ability to configure routers and switches.
- Good working knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft apps
- Must have the appropriate vendor accreditations for HP and Lenovo to claim warranty repairs.
Current information for our applicants
We have made our application and recruitment process virtual, we are excited to bring talent like you on board to join our growing teams within Computacenter. Our recruiters remain available to you should you have any questions. We are looking forward to getting to know you!