Group Professional Services encompasses Consultancy in the UK & France together with the Project practices across the UK, France and Germany. We are made of up of over 1,000 skilled practitioners with deep expertise across core infrastructure technologies and industry standard architecture and project management methodologies.
All roles within Computacenter GPS will:
- Actively maintain skills with current and future market developments, technologies, product and Computacenter strategies.
- Build and enhance relationships with peers, Computacenter's Account Teams and Partners
- Act in accordance with Computacenter Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual security events or other security risks to the organisation
What you'll do
As a Observability Architect, you will deliver both pre-sales and technical consultancy to our customers helping them leverage Full Stack Observability across traditional and cloud native environments. As a predominantly customer facing role, you’ll need proven skills in a customer facing position, designing and implementing complex solutions to corporate or public sector organisations. This role is UK based and will involve travel to Computacenter and client sites across the United Kingdom.
- You’ll be part of a Practice, within the UK Professional Services function, supporting the business in either project or consultancy lead engagements.
- You’ll have clear areas of accountability and will be given appropriate autonomy to lead customer engagements.
- You’ll also form part of a wider community of consultants and will have the opportunity to actively contribute to initiatives either specifically aligned to team, community or wider Practice.
- You will have sound generic, domain and specific knowledge necessary to perform effectively in the business and take action to develop own knowledge
- You will be responsible for influencing and shaping Observability solutions during pre-sales engagements.
- To take advantage of this opportunity you will need to be a highly technical individual with solid presales capability as a Technical Designer, Solution Lead or Architect with the ability to transform and enhance client vision and outcomes into a winning solution.
- Provide qualification of solutions approach and produce engagement documentation for internal and external consumption
- Provide thought leadership for, peers, the Practice, internal clients, our customers and partners
- Provide opportunity-specific Technical Assurance, Quality Assurance, Governance & Customer Satisfaction of pre and post sales consultancy engagements
- Responsible for building, maintaining and enhancing Consultancy delivery capability for a specific technical portfolio
- Host customer meetings to understand and articulate technical strategy and business impact for the company and customer
- Maintain an active and engaged technical community across the whole Practice in support of relevant area of expertise
- Maintain a high level of industry awareness through training and self-development, provide both market and technical evaluation of emerging technologies
What you'll need
- Has defined authority and accountability for actions and decisions within a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
- Establishes organisational objectives and assigns responsibilities.
- Initiates influential relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners at senior management level, including industry leaders.
- Makes decisions which impact the work of employing organisations, achievement of organisational objectives and financial performance.
- Has a broad business understanding and deep understanding of own specialism(s).
- Performs highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects.
- Creatively applies a wide range of technical and/or management principles.
- Is fully familiar with recognised industry bodies of knowledge both generic and specific.
- Actively seeks out new knowledge for own personal development and the mentoring or coaching of others.
- Develops a wider breadth of knowledge across the industry or business. Applies knowledge to help to define the standards which others will apply.
- Demonstrates clear leadership. Communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Understands and communicates industry developments, and the role and impact of technology in the employing organisation.
- Promotes compliance with relevant legislation and the need for services, products and working practices to provide equal access and equal opportunity to people with diverse abilities.
- Takes the initiative to keep both own and colleagues' skills up to date.
- Takes a leading role in promoting security throughout own area of responsibilities and collectively in the organisations.
- Experience of successfully operating in the pre-sale’s environment in a Service or Consultancy organisation.
- Leading on the technology solution for RFI, RFP or bid responses delivering creative, engaging bid collateral.
- Solution design or enterprise architecture expertise delivering large scale technology projects.
- Proven experience of leading technically complex projects throughout the complete IT lifecycle.
- Proven experience in Digital Transformation, Enterprise Application Integration solutions, COTS based applications and bespoke application delivery
- Evidence of championing or leading on innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - and be able to communicate effectively with Senior Management, Business Users and Technical staff
- You must be comfortable in client-facing events, presenting or supporting your Computacenter colleagues
- Leading workshops or assessments for customers to present the Computacenter Observability solutions value and strategy.
- A strong influencer, with a wide range of styles, having ability to build good working relationships with delivery partners and all levels within the organisation
- You must be able to harness talent from across the Computacenter Professional Services to generate solution collateral including reference architecture and high-level technology patterns & designs which prioritise customer value
- Your experience will enable you to tap into your innate knowledge to rapidly qualify opportunities and to provide qualified sizing’s
- Whilst technology must be a passion, so should the desire to improve our services; contribution & ownership of standards and methods to build robust, repeatable, measurable practices will be central to this role
- Significant experience in positioning the business benefits of Observability Solutions into SMC and Enterprise.
- Work closely with our Solution Lead and Sales Specialist(s) to our clients understand the application and benefits of using Observability offerings in customer Cloud Native and multiple infrastructure platforms; and how Computacenter services can help accelerate the delivery of these benefits.
- Any major public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) certifications are a bonus.
- Any DevOps or SRE related certifications are also a bonus.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate expertise and real-world experience in helping businesses to improve users digital experience with observability solutions. As this is primarily a presales role the successful candidate must possess excellent understanding in this IT offering and be able to demonstrate an analytical and methodical approach with great problem-solving skills.
The following areas are to be considered:
- Knowledge or experience of monitoring cloud native applications operating across public platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware, OpenStack)
- Knowledge or awareness of DevOps Tooling experience (Automation, Orchestration, CI/CD, Testing etc.)
- Knowledge or awareness of OpenTelemetery
- Knowledge or awareness of Infrastructure Monitoring (Metrics & Logs)
- Knowledge or awareness of Application Performance Monitoring (Metrics, Logs and Traces)
- Knowledge or awareness of Data Query Language (SQL)
- Knowledge or awareness of Web Services Full Stack (Development/Operations)
- Knowledge or awareness of Public Cloud Monitoring (Stackdriver, Cloudwatch, Azure)
- Knowledge or awareness of one of the leading observability platforms (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk) is a bonus