A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Projects & Programmes Practice. As a Project Coordinator (PC) you will be reporting to a Project Manager(s) and supporting them in the delivery of stand-alone projects or work streams. These may be delivered within a Projects & Portfolio Office (PPO) aligned to a contractual service customer account, or you may be aligned to the Shared Services CPMO providing central support to a number of projects across the Practice. You will be involved with the full project lifecycle. You will need to understand different commercial models (e.g. Fixed Price, Time and Materials or Resource on Demand). Your responsibilities may also include co-ordination and tracking of the finances of the assignment, or supporting the Lead Project Manager(s) by carrying out some of these activities. Working under the direction of a Project Lead, you will have responsibility for a number of key activities, which could include some, or all of the following: managing project resources, tracking that the agreed products are delivered, monitoring and tracking the project finances, supporting the management of project controls (including risks, issues, customer dependencies and change). You may be responsible for small work streams or projects as you develop in your career.
You will be working in a team where every individual makes a difference, while being part of a large organisation with excellent benefits packages. You will be supported by senior project specialists and a supportive management team. Every project is different with no day the same which will allow you to grow and develop. You will be provided with training to allow you to progress and further your career at Computacenter. This is mostly a remote position, candidates can be based anywhere within the UK, however you must be willing to travel as and when needed. Successful candidates will also need to be able to pass SC clearance.
What you’ll do
Your overall responsibility is to support your Lead PM in the successful delivery of a project or assignment.
Key areas of responsibility:
Project Management (throughout the whole lifecycle)
• Be conversant with and adhere to our methodologies for delivering Professional Services engagement outcomes to our customers and assist the LPM in adhering to the project standards.
• Support the LPM in creating and maintaining the Project Plan; being able to use Microsoft Project and other templates, if required.
• Support the LPM to ensure that the required project control documentation is created and kept up to date.
• Request/schedule identified project resources (direct, matrixed via ISPs or third parties) necessary to deliver the agreed products/deliverables.
• Prepare and contribute to project Highlight or Checkpoint reports and participate in reviews with customers and the project team as required.
• Support the LPM to ensure all Project documentation and logs are up to date following the configuration management principles and are stored on the Customer site.
• Help to manage risk, issues and dependencies and maintain the project risk, issue and dependency registers.
• Raise escalations using the appropriate channels and assist with stakeholder management.
• Attendance at/contribution to Governance Boards, as required, where you may be required to take the minutes or assist in the production of reporting collateral.
• Have a working knowledge of the Internal Service Providers and what services they provide in support of the project you are working on.
• Raise changes in the Remedy change tool on direction from the LPM, ensuring the correct change template has been used and mandatory risk evaluation questions answered.
• Help ensure that the Change (RFC) Register within the Customer site is maintained.
• Support the LPM to communicate potential risks and issues that are likely to require formal change to stakeholders as early as possible, to minimise future conflict/commercial exposure.
• Comply with the Change Management process and support the LPM in the required timeframes to minimise Working at Risk/commercial exposure and optimise our contribution.
• Support the LPM if there’s any change to the project’s approved commercial baselined deliverables (as defined in the SoW) so that all relevant stakeholders are informed.
• Support the LPM in updating the project plan to incorporate new changes.
• Make sure that you understand from your lead the customer priorities in relation to your assignment. Contract Management o Record key information in support of successful contractual delivery.
• Record key information in support of successful contractual delivery.
• Support the financial performance of your assignment by contributing to or maintaining PEAT and contributing to or completing on behalf of the Project Lead the scheduled monthly Project Financial Reports (PFRs), which require accurate forecasting, invoicing and pro-active cost management.
• You’ll maintain relationships will all key internal areas, including Sales, Service, ISPs and Partner Management in support of any 3rd Party activity.
• Build a working relationship with the customers/suppliers in support of delivering a successful project outcome.
• You will support the LPM to ensure that the team are supported and you contribute to the overall teamwork ethic, to drive motivation and a high performing culture which includes heralding your colleagues using the Bravo Corporate feedback tool.
• Coach and support less experienced Projects Practice members, as required.
• Provide appropriate feedback.
What you’ll need
• Trained in project management methodology, for example Prince2, Agile Techniques.
• Demonstrable track-record of delivering effectively in a Project environment.
• Skilled user of Microsoft applications.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
• Ability to escalate issues effectively.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills and attention to detail.