Internal Audit Manager
The job has expired.
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Attractive Benefits Package
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services with revenues in 2015 of £3.1 billion and circa, 14,000 employees, listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 index. We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as an Internal Audit Manager in Hatfield and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
Mission Statement: Internal Audit (IA) aims to ensure that a robust system of internal controls operates within Computacenter, managing risk to the satisfaction of directors. In order to do this audit engagements are undertaken within functions/processes as agreed by management and the Audit Committee in the annual plan. Audit reviews the effectiveness of controls and where deficiencies are found, recommends actions to remedy them. All action plans must be agreed with line management who will take responsibility to implement and maintain them.
Internal Audit (IA) will aim to conduct reviews in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), which is the professional body that regulates Internal Auditing. Reasons for non-compliance with the standards will be documented
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit you will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the audit plan, carrying out audits in a standalone capacity, whilst managing stakeholders at all levels across the business. In return you will be given the chance to join a unique and interesting organisation with a diverse workforce and a strong commitment to work/life balance.
Group Internal Audit within Computacenter provides independent assurance to the plc Board and senior management on the effectiveness of risk management and internal controls over all of the Group’s activities. Internal Audit is an agent of change within Computacenter aimed at enhancing the control culture, design and effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Demonstrating an understanding of governance risk and control issues will be key.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with senior management and be able to demonstrate tangible results and delivery, with the gravitas and ability to drive the department forward.
- Occasional trips to Europe or wider afield may be required
The Ideal Candidate
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years internal audit experience in a large company, preferably in an IT services or contracting business, planning and performing audits across a variety of disciplines.
- Ideally contract management experience either as an auditor, service manager or in a commercial finance role.
- CCAB qualified or qualified internal auditor, preferably Big 4.
- CISA qualified (not essential but preferable).
About The Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Almost 15,000 staff employed across the Group. 2015 adjusted profit before tax was £86.9 million. Revenues were £3.05 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.