Computacenter (UK) Ltd Recruitment Privacy Notice
Issued: 25 May 2018
1. Introduction We respect the privacy rights of individuals and are committed to handling personal information responsibly and in accordance with applicable law. It is important that you read all of this Notice carefully as it sets out how Computacenter (UK) Ltd ("Computacenter", "we" or "us") handles your personal information when you apply for a job or other role with us and the rights you have in connection with that information. The term "applicants" is used in this Notice to refer to anyone who applies for a job role, or who otherwise seeks to carry out work with or for us (whether on a permanent or non-permanent basis). If you are in any doubt, or have any comments or questions about this Notice, please contact us using the contact details set out in Section 9 below.
3. Purposes for processing personal information We collect and use this personal information primarily for recruitment purposes – in particular, to determine your qualifications for employment and to reach a hiring decision. This includes assessing your skills, qualifications and background for a particular role, verifying your information, carrying our reference checks or background checks (where applicable) and to generally manage the hiring process and communicate with you about it. If you are accepted for a role at Computacenter, the information collected during the recruitment process will form part of your ongoing staff member record and will be processed in accordance with our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are not successful, we may still keep your information for a limited period in accordance with our Retention Policy, to allow us to consider you for other suitable openings within Computacenter in the future unless you request that we delete your information.
4. Who we share your personal information with We take care to allow access to personal information only to those who require such access to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. Whenever we permit a third party to access personal information, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure the information is used in a manner consistent with this Notice and that the security and confidentiality of the information is maintained. We may make certain personal information available to third parties who provide services relating to the recruitment process to us, including: recruitment or executive search agencies involved in your recruitment. providers of psychometric and other testing. data storage, shared services and recruitment platform providers and hosters of our careers website; and third parties who provide support and advice including in relation to legal, financial / audit, insurance and health and safety. We do so on a "need to know basis" and in accordance with applicable data privacy law. In addition, where an offer has been made to you, Computacenter may share your personal information with, for example, its payroll providers, company vehicle providers and occupational health providers, in order to "on-board" you onto our systems (as more fully described in our Employee Privacy Notice).
5. International transfer We may share your personal information with another Computacenter group company or third party provider, outside the EEA in connection with the recruitment process.
6. Legal basis for processing personal information We will normally collect, use, share / transfer and otherwise process personal information relating to you only where: we are required to do so to comply with immigration, employment, health and safety or other relevant law, where you have made the data public, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you or to take steps requested by you before entering a contract (note that where this is the case, Computacenter requires you to provide the information in question and the consequences of failing to provide it may include Computacenter being unable to proceed with the recruitment process in relation to you), or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms – specifically where processing is an important part of making and communicating a recruitment decision relating to you, or informing you of vacancies. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
7. Data retention periods Personal information will be stored in accordance with applicable laws and kept as long as needed to carry out the purposes described in this Notice or as otherwise required by applicable law. Generally this means your personal information will be retained: in accordance with the retention periods referred to in Computacenter's Employee Privacy Notice (where you become a Computacenter employee); or for a limited period in accordance with our Retention Policy, to allow us to consider you for other suitable openings within Computacenter in the future unless you request that we delete your information. Further information is available in our Data Retention Policy.
8. Your data privacy rights You may exercise the rights available to you under applicable data protection laws as follows: If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below. You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below. Although we do not typically process information processed during recruitment pursuant to your consent, if that is the case then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Your local data protection authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office and you can contact the ICO via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (0303 123 1113). Of course, we would prefer you to raise any concerns with Computacenter directly first (on the contact details set out below). We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
9. Contact details We have an appointed Fraser Phillips as our Group Data Protection Officer (GDPO) to oversee compliance with this Notice. If you have any other questions about this Notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact Fraser at GDPR@computacenter.com.